- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
- Southeast Asia
- USA & Canada DMC
- Latin America
- Why A&K
- Special Offers
- Contact Us
Latest News from A&K Sri Lanka
Our Sustainability Policy
We take pride in attention to detail and creating tailormade itineraries representing this beautiful island of Sri Lanka. We are committed to providing travel that enhances and positively impact lives and livelihoods in the communities where our guests travel. Our business is global, and our aim is to offer local experiences and services that support sustainability and minimize negative effects on the natural and social environment. Our mission is to be the first choice in providing high-quality, health and safety compliant destination management services, consciously driving our guests, travel advisors and trade partners towards responsible travel.
Scope of Application
This policy applies to our company, its affiliated brands, all our tour operations and to any third parties performing work on our behalf both locally and globally. The responsibility for ensuring that the company complies with this policy starts with the senior management and continues through all departments.
As a Destination Management Company with a global presence, we recognize that the environment, communities and cultures within which we operate are vital to our business growth. Tourism has the potential and the ability to positively impact and enrich destinations. We believe that travel should both respect the natural environment and benefit the local communities where our guests travel.
Our leadership team is committed to implementing sustainable development throughout the business, cascading it to all levels, adopting a responsible and forward-thinking mind-set. Respecting human rights is a core value and all our teams and those whom we work with are treated in compliant with the same. Maintaining integrity, trustworthiness and transparency are key pillars in our corporate values focused on a long-term commitment, growth and financial stability.
- Lead by example and be the change we hope to see.
- Sustainable development principles embedded into our core business practices.
- Use its collective influence to drive sustainability within the Destination Management industry.
- Positively engage with the local communities in which we operate, where necessary, take a non-intrusive yet impactful role to champion causes that are important to the community.
- Our guests, colleagues, suppliers and industry partners can depend on us to deliver to high standards of professionalism and quality. Guest’s safety and security giving them comfort and peace of mind is of our utmost priority.
- All relevant local legislations are duly complied with, being pre-emptive anticipating new legislations, to adapt best practices efficiently.
- All tours, excursions and experiences we operate are socially & culturally acceptable and sensitive towards local people and cultural and natural heritage.
- We take pride in what we do, basing our everyday actions in ensuring our values become a reality for our guests, internally and externally. We believe creating inspirational travel experiences, whilst taking responsibility for our own actions.
- We uphold corporate values, our brand and our commitment to sustainability without compromising the unique experience our guest’s demand.
- To review, report, and to constantly strive to improve our sustainability performance.
- To put the above-mentioned commitments into practice, we will:
- Continue to enhance and provide a safe, healthy, and an enriching work environment for our employees through our open office culture.
- Consciously conserve resources at workplace through our three main focus areas reduce, reuse and recycle; reduce waste, energy consumption and paper at our office premises being key targets.
- Provide community support through our philanthropic projects as well as offering empowerment through the trainee positions for suitable candidates to become part of the tourism sector.
- Protect natural resources and biodiversity under the direct influence of our tour operations and within our control, by preventing or minimizing negative impact wherever possible.
- Significantly reduce PET plastic, mainly in the form of single use mineral water bottles by switching to reusable options or ensuring an effective collection and recycling process in place.
- Commend and prioritize suppliers and trade partners that promote sustainable practices and encourage clients to select sustainable options.
- Where available, preference is given to excursions and experiences that are operated in compliance with acknowledged sustainability standards.
- Our authentic local experiences are created in line with supporting the local communities, cottage industries, local religious establishments, aesthetic traditions, respecting the local culture and heritage.
- Provide continuous awareness, training and support to our employees, as well as guides/driver guides/tour managers/representatives ensuring that they are committed to sustainable development initiatives and policy of the company.
- Optimize the environmental, economic and social impact of all our tour operations, by encouraging sustainable practices cascading to all levels.
- Achieve Travelife partnership and certification, monitor our sustainability performance and report our progress regularly.
- Follow us on
- Share us on