- Saudi Arabia (Coming Soon)
- Sri Lanka
- Southeast Asia
- USA DMC
- South America
- Why A&K
- Special Offers
- Contact Us
Latest News from A&K Thailand
Book Your Journey with Confidence for Travel Through December 31, 2022
With A&K’s flexible booking policy, you can plan your future travel with complete peace of mind. Book now for travel through December 31, 2022, and you may change or cancel up to 30 days prior to departure in the event of a COVID-19-related reason — whether at home or in your travel destination — and receive a credit toward future travel.
Contact A&K Thailand on firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions: For new bookings made with Abercrombie & Kent Thailand beginning January 1, 2022 for travel through December 31, 2022, guests may change or cancel the booking up to 30 days prior to departure in the event of a COVID-19-related reason at home or in their travel destination. For Tailor Made bookings, some exclusions and penalties may apply, which will be advised in writing prior to confirmation. All monies applied to a new booking are non-transferable and non-refundable. Guests who cancel without rebooking will receive a credit toward future travel valid through December 31, 2022; credit is non-transferable and non-refundable. Applicable price of new journey applies. Guest is responsible for non-refundable air fees, insurance and other related costs. All other standard terms and conditions apply to the booking. Special terms are subject to change and can be withdrawn at any time.
COVID-19-related reasons include:
- The government in the guest’s country of residence issues a Do Not Travel advisory due to COVID-19 for the destination the guest is travelling to.
- The government in the guest’s country of residence restricts all but essential travel.
- The destination the guest is travelling to has entry restrictions in place that prohibit the guest from travelling, such as closed borders or extended quarantine requirements.
- International flights are cancelled without alternative routing available for guest to use to reach the destination(s) in the itinerary.
Special Terms: COVID-19 and Multi-Country Itineraries:
For multi-country itineraries, the ability to change or postpone only applies to destination(s) that qualify due to COVID-19 related reasons. We will make our best efforts to work with suppliers to minimize penalties in non-impacted destinations by rerouting or postponing your journey.
A&K Thailand Receives the Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration (SHA) Accreditation
Abercrombie & Kent Thailand has been accredited with The Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration (SHA) so our guests can travel with confidence and peace of mind. Our team takes pride in delivering quality sanitation and safety standards for all of our guests, earning us this distinction as a trusted travel partner of the Tourism Authority of Thailand.
The assessment for tourism establishments and services to be certified with the Amazing Thailand SHA certification covers five key areas:
- Tourism establishments and services must strictly follow the COVID-19 control guidelines by the Department of Disease Control, Ministry of Public Health.
- The safety of attractions and facilities with development plans or operation procedures that focus on ensuring tourist safety while maintaining local culture and promoting interaction between local communities and tourists.
- Hygiene and sanitation in tourism establishments and services; such as, homestays, lodges, souvenir shops and restaurants.
- Convenience, cleanliness, and safety of linkages between communities and attractions, as well as the safety and health standards of transportation, including private cars, public buses, and airlines.
- The confidence in tourism personnel in tourism establishments, including tourist safety and security protocol.
The Amazing Thailand SHA project is a part of TAT's realigned strategy amid the COVID-19 crisis, with the aim of accelerating recovery in the travel and tourism sector, ensuring Thai tourism operators are ready for the return of tourism post COVID-19.
Abercrombie & Kent and Thailand DMCs Unite to Create Uniform Health & Safety Standards Ahead of Tourism Restart
As the world has seen the complete halt of travel due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the DMC community in Thailand has been hard at work formulating and implementing standards that will solidify Thailand and its tourism facilitators as a destination that is safe for travel.
The Thailand Hygiene Plus Initiative (THPI) has been developed by a group of leading Destination Management Companies (DMCs), operating in Thailand's tourism industry, to create a safe and healthy environment for travelers, with the aim to get the message out to potential travelers.
The standards cover six areas: Offices, Staff, Ground Teams, Meals, Vehicles and Transportation, and Sports Equipment and Facilities. The standards include but are not limited to those to be certified by the "Amazing Thailand Safety and Health Administration" (SHA).
A checklist of operational requirements has been developed and agreed to be implemented by all the operators who have signed-up to the Thailand Hygiene Plus Initiative. These members include Abercrombie & Kent Thailand, Asia Exotica, Asian Trails, Black Rice Travel – A Member of LUXPERIA Collective, Destination Asia (Thailand), EXO Travel Thailand, Focus Asia, Go Vacation Thailand, Khiri Travel Thailand, Panorama Destination Thailand, Remote Lands, Smiling Albino, Tour East and Travel Exclusive Asia Thailand.
"Working together on this initiative with our DMC colleagues in Thailand ensures that all travelers to Thailand can feel comfortable and safe in the knowledge that our teams and suppliers are all working under unified Health and Safety requirements," says Belinda Shillcock, Regional Managing Director for Abercrombie & Kent Southeast Asia who is based at Abercrombie & Kent's Bangkok office. "With Thailand as an example, we are looking to roll out similar initiatives across A&K's other offices and destinations across Southeast Asia, including Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and Indonesia."
The initiative will implement infection prevention measures to ensure that travelers have an enjoyable experience, knowing that they are in the best of care. Travelers will have greater confidence in Thailand as a safe and healthy travel destination.
A&K Southeast Asia Supports ChildSafe
Abercrombie & Kent Southeast Asia is now a proud partner of the Friends International ChildSafe Movement. Belinda Shillcock, Regional Managing Director for A&K Southeast Asia, recently signed a collaboration agreement in support of the movement which aims to protect the rights of children around the world and addresses key issues such as underage labor, child abuse and exploitation.
At Abercrombie & Kent, we believe that children from any background deserve an opportunity to learn and grow and should be protected from harmful or exploitative situations and we are committed to ensuring that our operations do not place any child at risk in any way.
By following and promoting the Seven Tips for Travelers outlined by the ChildSafe Movement, we hope to improve awareness and understanding among travelers and empower our teams as well as our guests to act appropriately. The seven tips in a nutshell:
- Children living or studying in schools, orphanages or slums are not tourist attractions and should not be exposed to tourist visits
- Despite good intentions, volunteering with children is a job for local experts, not for travelers who are just passing through
- Do not give money, food or gifts to begging children as this encourages them to continue begging, which prevents them from going to school and locks them into a cycle of poverty.
- When you see a child in need, the best thing to do is to contact local professionals. Trying to help personally may place you and the child at greater risk.
- Report incidents of child sex tourism to a local authority.
- Report incidents of underage labor to a local authority.
- Ensure you are a ChildSafe traveler and use ChildSafe-certified businesses when planning your holiday.
A&K is the leading DMC for Sustainable Events in Thailand
Abercrombie & Kent is one of the few companies officially certified to deliver sustainable events in Thailand.
Our Regional MICE Manager, Jo Aigner recently attended the Sustainable Event Professional Certificate course organized by the Events Industry Council and Thailand Convention and Exhibition Bureau (TCEB).
Through this certification A&K shows its commitment to reducing the impact of events on the environment. Any event can be made more sustainable simply by reducing consumption of resources such as energy and water, improving accessibility and selecting the right suppliers in all areas, from food and beverage, venues and accommodation to audio visual, transportation, materials resource management, marketing and exhibitions.
Sustainable events are not only good business practice, they can also help local communities to thrive through effective community service projects.
For more information about how we can help you create a sustainable event, please contact Jo at email@example.com
- Follow us on
- Share us on