COVID-19 Protocols & Entry Requirements
International Travel Status
Entry into Vietnam is currently permitted only for Vietnamese citizens and their families and foreigners traveling for diplomatic, official or business purposes.
Access into Vietnam
International flights to Vietnam are currently operating from Guangzhou (China), Taiwan (China), Seoul (the Republic of Korea) and Tokyo (Japan), Phnom Penh (Cambodia) and Vientiane (Laos)
Travelers must comply with the following requirements upon entering Vietnam:
- Provide a negative COVID-19 test certificate issued at least 3 days prior to arrival
- Undergo COVID-19 testing on arrival and quarantine at a designated hotel of facility. After testing negative twice, the traveler may self-isolate at their home or place of business
- Passengers transiting from a third country will be required to complete the full 14-day quarantine at a government facility
- Vietnam began re-opening on 23 April 2020. Most hotels, markets, restaurants, shops and businesses are operating as normal
- Domestic travel is permitted without restriction
- The Vietnamese government has implemented rules and requirements for social distancing and controlling the spread of COVID-19. Heavy fines and possible criminal charges may be imposed for non-compliance.
- Not wearing a mask in public may incur a fine of VND 1,000,000 or up to VND 3,000,000
Please note: The above information has been researched with the utmost care. However, we can provide no guarantee of accuracy and the information and detail change regularly. Please always check travel restrictions both in your home country and the destination you are travelling to before you book and before travel.