COVID-19 Protocols & Entry Requirements
Last updated: 9 January 2023
International Travel Status
- Thailand is open for international travel.
- As of 9 January 2023, all COVID-19 related vaccination and testing requirements have been lifted and travelers are permitted to enter and travel in Thailand under normal visa conditions.
- Thailand previously announced that COVID-19 vaccination was required for all travelers between 9-31 January 2023. However, this decision was reversed on 9 January 2023 and COVID-19 vaccination is no longer required.
- All travelers are permitted to enter Thailand without any COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirements.
- Medical insurance is mandatory for travelers whose next country of arrival (after departing from Thailand) requires a COVID-19 test, such as India or China. The medical insurance must cover the cost of COVID-19 treatment for the duration of stay.
- Normal visa requirements still apply; travelers must follow the usual process to ensure they are eligible for visa-free entry or obtain a relevant visa prior to arrival
- This information is subject to change; please contact your local Thai embassy or consulate for the most current requirements for entry
- Hotels, shops, bars, restaurants are operating under normal conditions, with no restrictions currently in place
- Wearing masks is no longer compulsory, but is common practice in public places
The following options are available for COVID-19 testing if required in country or prior to departure:
BNH Hospital: RT-PCR tests can be arranged at BNH Hospital in Bangkok. Results will be sent directly to the guest by email. Fast track service costs THB 9,000 and results are delivered within six hours. The hospital is open daily 08:00-16:30. The cost of the test and return transfers can be included in the guest's itinerary and our team will arrange the booking and payment to the hospital on behalf of the guest.
Bangkok Hospital (in Phuket): RT-PCR tests can be arranged at Bangkok Hospital in Phuket. Results will be send directly to the guest by email. The service costs THB 4,000 and test results are delivered within 24 hours. The hospital is open daily 08:00-14:00. The cost of the test and return transfers can be included in the guest's itinerary and our team will arrange the booking and payment to the hospital on behalf of the guest.
Please note: We are only acting as a facilitator in order to assist guests who require a COVID-19 test. All testing is carried out by third parties with no association or affiliation to us and we are not liable or responsible for any issues, delays or problems encountered during the testing process or the performance or non-performance of the testing facilities. The cost of the test is subject to change without prior notice.
Please note: The above information has been researched with the utmost care. However, we can provide no guarantee of accuracy and the information and detail change regularly. Please always check travel restrictions both in your home country and the destination you are travelling to before you book and before travel.