COVID-19 Protocols & Entry Requirements
Last updated: 1 December 2022
International Travel Status
- Myanmar is open for international travel and tourist e-visas are available at: https://evisa.moip.gov.mm
- Following the government’s announcement, vaccinated and non-vaccinated travelers are permitted to enter Myanmar and you can see the full list of entry requirements below.
- At this time, however, we do not advise travel to Myanmar due to safety concerns. The current political situation remains unstable and there are reports of armed conflicts in some areas. We recommend waiting to see how the situation develops over the next few months and to not plan travel to Myanmar any earlier than Q1 2023.
Fully vaccinated travelers:
- Present a certificate of full vaccination dated at least 14 days before arrival in Myanmar; see the list of accepted vaccines below
Children under 6 years of age are exempt from this requirement if they travel with fully vaccinated parents or guardians
- Present a negative ATK or rapid test result issued within 48 hours before travel to Myanmar
Children under 6 years of age are exempt from this requirement
- These requirements apply to travelers arriving into Myanmar by international commercial flight. Please note that land borders remain closed at this time.
- Normal visa requirements still apply; travelers must follow the usual process to ensure they are eligible for visa-free entry or obtain a relevant visa prior to arrival
- If a traveler tests positive for COVID-19 during their stay, he/she will be transferred directly to a designated hospital for further treatment and monitoring, at the traveler's expense; the cost of treatment must be covered by the traveler’s COVID-19 insurance
- Travel insurance with COVID-19 cover purchased from Myanma lnsurance
- This information is subject to change; please contact your local Myanmar embassy or consulate for the most current requirements for entry
- CoronaVac (Sinovac Biotech Ltd.)
- Astrazeneca or Covishield (Astrazeneca & University of Oxford/SK Bioscience (Korea)/Siam BioScience/ Serum lnstitute of lndia (Sll))
- Pfizer- BioNTech COVID-l9 Vaccine or Comirnaty (Pfizer lnc., & BioNTech)
- Janssen or Johnson & Johnson (Janssen Pharmaceuticals Companies of Johnson & Johnson)
- Moderna (ModernaTX, lnc.,)
- Sinopharm or COVILO or BIBP-Co (Beijing Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd)
- Sputnik V (Gam-COVID-Vac) (Gamaleya National Research Centre of Epidemiology and Microbiology)
- Sputnik Light (Gamaleya National Research Centre of Epidemiology and Microbiology)
- Covaxin by Bharat Biotech
- Myancopharm by Ministry of lndustry, Myanmar
Please note: The above information has been researched with the utmost care. However, we can provide no guarantee of accuracy and the information and detail change regularly. Please always check travel restrictions both in your home country and the destination you are travelling to before you book and before travel.
View reopening updates and entry requirements for other destinations in Southeast Asia: Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Indonesia, Singapore