Known for sublime landscapes, a rich history, serene people and a deeply Buddhist culture, Myanmar is a largely-rural, densely-forested country. The capital of Yangon offers a dynamic scene of contemporary arts, culture and cuisine mixed with a touch of colonial heritage while Bagan's centuries-old pagodas and archaeological treasures are endlessly captivating. The nation's spiritual and artistic heart lies in Mandalay, where hundreds of monasteries can be found in the surrounding hillsides and saffron-robed monks pass down age-old wisdom. The Ayeyarwady River provides a scenic backdrop to idyllic river cruises while Inle Lake and surrounding region offers adventurous treks to ethnic villages, farmland and valleys in the shadow of the Shan Hills.
Find out more about our A&K Philanthropy project which is helping to give the villagers of Inle Lake access to safe, clean water.
- A shinbyun experience, a colorful village celebration marking a young boy's initiation into monastic life
- A cruise on the Ayeyarwady River on the custom-designed Sanctuary Ananda
- Cycling to traditional textile villages and peanut oil farms on the outskirts of Bagan
- Discovering local Myanmar flavors and home cooking with a traditional Shan chef
- Observing the devout life of novice monks at a monastery in Mandalay