COVID-19 Protocols & Entry Requirements
Last updated: 10 May 2022
International Travel Status
- Laos is open for international travel from all countries
- Visa on Arrival and visa exemptions have been reinstated to pre- COVID-19 conditions
- Fully vaccinated travelers must present a certificate of COVID-19 vaccination on arrival
- Non-fully vaccinated travelers must present an ATK test result issued within 48 hours prior to departure to Laos. Children under 12 years of age are exempt.
- Wearing facemasks and observing social distancing rules is mandatory when in public places
- All tour guides and drivers are fully vaccinated and hotels and restaurants are required to have at least 95% of their staff fully vaccinated
- All service providers are required to comply with the LaoSafe program which comprises a series of health and hygiene standards
The following options are available if additional testing is required prior to departure.
RT-PCR tests are conducted at the National Center for Laboratory and Epidemiology (NCLE). The cost is USD 100 and payment is to be made in cash at the test site. Advance appointments are not available, however our team can help to arrange transfers to and from the facility. Test results are delivered directly to the guest by email within 24 hours. The center is open daily 08:00-12:00.
Please note: We are only acting as a facilitator in order to assist guests who require a COVID-19 test. All testing is carried out by third parties with no association or affiliation to us and we are not liable or responsible for any issues, delays or problems encountered during the testing process or the performance or non-performance of the testing facilities. The cost of the test is subject to change without prior notice.
Please note: The above information has been researched with the utmost care. However, we can provide no guarantee of accuracy and the information and detail change regularly. Please always check travel restrictions both in your home country and the destination you are travelling to before you book and before travel.