COVID-19 Protocols & Entry Requirements
International Travel Status
Open - Uganda reopened its borders to international tourists on 1 October 2020.
Access into Uganda
Entebbe International Airport is open and so are the land borders.
- All travelers arriving or departing from Uganda are required to have a negative PCR COVID-19 test certificate taken within 72 hours of travel.
- All travelers, including children over 6 years, arriving into Uganda will be subject to a mandatory COVID PCR test on arrival. The test, conducted at the airport, costs USD 30 per person. The turnaround time for the test results is 2 hours 15 minutes. Results will be sent to the guests on email.
- Guests should register and pay in advance here -https://arrivals.healthdesk.go.ug/. Fill in the reason for travel as Tourism and the Company as Abercrombie & Kent Tours & Travel; the company Number is No 148765. Remember to print the form.
- Requirements for guests departing from Uganda and entering Dubai (staying overnight):
• A valid negative COVID 19 PCR test certificate with a QR code issued within 48 hours of the time the sample was collected from an approved health facility
• A rapid PCR test report with a QR code for a test conducted at the departure airport within six hours of departure. The cost is USD 100 per person plus a shared transport cost of USD 35.
- All travelers are required to have a yellow fever certificate to enter into Uganda.
- A maximum of eight (8) trackers shall be allowed to trek a gorilla group per day.
- A maximum of six (6) trackers shall be allowed to trek a chimpanzee group at a time.
- Trackers must keep a distance of not less than 10 meters (32 feet) away from the gorillas and chimpanzees during this period.
- All trackers and porters must wear masks.
- Face masks are compulsory when out in public places and physical distancing of 2 meters must be followed.
We are able to arrange PCR testing required for onward travels.
Entebbe: PCR tests are organized at all the properties in the area: Protea Hotel Entebbe, Hotel No.5, The Boma Hotel, Serena Lake Victoria Hotel & Spa. Results are returned in 6 to 24 hours. Test costs USD 65 per person. Transport is USD 35 for 5 guests (can be split between the group). Cash and credit cards are accepted.
Bwindi: COVID PCR testing is available at Bwindi Hospital at a cost of $40 per person. The turnaround time for tests is 6 hours.
We are only acting as a facilitator to assist guests who are booked on a safari with us to acquire their COVID-19 test. All testing is carried out by third parties with no association or affiliation to us and we are not liable or responsible for any issues, delays or problems encountered during the testing process or the performance or non-performance of the testing facilities.
Please note: The above information has been researched with the utmost care. However, we can provide no guarantee of accuracy and the information and detail change regularly. Please always check travel restrictions both in your home country and the destination you are travelling to before you book and before travel.