COVID-19 Protocols & Entry Requirements
International Travel Status
Open - Tanzania reopened its borders to international guests in mid May 2020.
Access into Tanzania
Kilimanjaro International Airport, Dar es Salaam International Airports and Zanzibar International Airport are open and so are all land borders.
Airlines flying into the country include:
- Ethiopian Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Turkish Airlines
- Kenya Airways
- All travelers are required to present a negative COVID-19 test certificate upon arrival.. The test should be based on a RT PCR using a sample collected within 96 hours of departure to Tanzania.
- Guests will be required to take a rapid test on arrival at a cost of USD 10 – guests can pay for this online whilst completing the health declaration form. Guests arriving via a land border such as Namanga will not need to take a rapid test on arrival.
- Guests are required to fill out a Traveler's Health Declaration Form 48 hours before travelling. Upon completion, the website generates a control number which is required in order to pay for the rapid test. Guests will have the option of paying for their rapid test by credit card on the site. This is the preferred option to avoid long queues at the airport.
- Children from 5 and below are NOT required to present PCR negative certificate to enter the country.
- Hand hygiene, wearing face masks and maintaining physical distance is required at all times while in public.
Arusha: PCR Testing is done at Selian Hospital and Mount Meru Hospital. Cost: USD 90 per person. Open daily 08:00 to 15:00.
Rapid test that is required by KLM is done at Kilimanjaro International Airport. Cost: USD 25 per person. Guests must arrive 6 hours before their flight to do the test. We suggest booking a day room at Airport Planet Lodge for the guests to use whilst waiting for their test results.
Moshi: PCR Testing is done at KMCM Hospital. Cost: USD 90 per person. Open daily 08:00 to 15:00.
Karatu: PCR Testing is done at Family Clinic. Cost: USD 90 per person. Open daily 08:00 to 15:00.
Dar es Salaam: PCR Testing is done at Aga Khan Hospital and IST Clinic. Cost: USD 100 per person to be paid at the center via credit card. Hospital facilitation fee: 50 USD per person. Transport fee: will be advised at time of booking. Cash or Card accepted. Open daily 08:00 to 15:00.
Rapid test that is required by KLM is done at Dar es Salaam International Airport. Cost: USD 25 per person. Guests must arrive 6 hours before their flight to do the test. Due to the high traffic levels in Dar es Salaam guests will have to wait at the airport until their flight departs.
Zanzibar: PCR and RAT Testing is done at Migombani COVID-19 Centre. Cost: A PCR test costs USD 80 while RAT test costs USD 25 per person to be paid online via credit card at the time of booking the test. Transport fee: will be advised at time of booking. Open daily 08:00 to 15:00.
The rapid test required by KLM is done at the Migombani COVID-19 Centre. Cost: USD 25 per person. Guests must arrive 6 hours before their flight to do the test. We suggest booking a day room in Stone Town for the guests to use whilst waiting for their test results.
We are only acting as a facilitator to assist guests who are booked on a safari with us to acquire their COVID-19 test. All testing is carried out by third parties with no association or affiliation to us and we are not liable or responsible for any issues, delays or problems encountered during the testing process or the performance or non-performance of the testing facilities.
Please note: The above information has been researched with the utmost care. However, we can provide no guarantee of accuracy and the information and detail change regularly. Please always check travel restrictions both in your home country and the destination you are travelling to before you book and before travel.