COVID-19 Protocols & Entry Requirements
International Travel Status
Open - Jordan reopened its borders for International guests on 10 September 2020.
Access into Jordan
As confirmed by the Jordan Civil Aviation Regulatory Commission (JCARC), International scheduled flights are allowed to operate from/to Jordanian airports.
Entry into the country is via Queen Alia International Airport. All land and sea borders remain closed to international travelers and we do not have an exact date for when these boarders will resume operations.
The following must be applied on inbound flights:
1) Airlines are responsible to ensure the following requirements are met by all passengers prior to boarding:
A) All passengers are required to visit https://www.visitjordan.gov.jo portal prior to departure, complete the required form, and obtain the QR code which is mandatory to be presented to airline personnel prior to boarding and upon arrival.
B) Airlines are responsible to ensure each passenger, prior to boarding, has a negative PCR test which was conducted within 72 hours prior to the departure time from the first embarking airport (regarding Egypt, Turkey, Iraq only PCR tests from approved labs should be accepted.)
- Children under the age of 5 years.
- Fully vaccinated Jordanian passengers residing in Jordan where 14 days have passed since their last dose, provided that the period between the travel and return date to Jordan does not exceed 10 days.
C) Proof of health insurance is mandatory for non-Jordanians.
- Medical Tourism Patients.
D) PCR test upon arrival is mandatory for all passengers. The airline is responsible to collect the amount of the arrival PCR test (28 JOD) in the form of an EMD for all passengers who are unable to pay through the https://www.visitjordan.gov.jo portal.
- Fully vaccinated passengers subject to the fulfilment of the requirements in point 2 below.
- Children under the age of 5 years.
2) The following requirements shall be applied on fully vaccinated passengers:
A) Vaccinations certificates proving that full course of vaccination has been completed issued from the following countries are approved: (Australia, Bahrain, Canada, China, EU Countries, Japan, Jordan, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, Morocco, New Zealand, Oman, Qatar, Russia, South Korea, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tunis, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and USA).
B) The vaccination certificate shall be in the Arabic or English language only and presented to airline personnel prior to boarding.
3) Diplomatic QR holders (Diplomats and Employees of Regional and International Organizations and their dependents and family members holding diplomatic passports, special passports, or regular passports) have a permanent diplomatic QR code that its validity does not expire, and it is possible to return with this code to Jordan for several trips are exempted from:
- PCR test before departure and upon arrival
- Health insurance.
4) The following shall be applied on passengers travelling to Aqaba (King Hussein International Airport):
- Passengers shall hold vaccinations certificates proving that full course of vaccination has been completed (Minors are exempted from providing vaccination certificate or PCR test if holding a proof that their both parents have full course of vaccination), or
- Hold a proof that 21 days have passed after the first dose of covid-19 vaccination, or
- Hold a negative PCR test which was conducted within 72 hours prior to the departure time from the first embarking airport.
- The vaccination certificate shall be in the Arabic or English language only and presented to airline personnel prior to boarding.
5) Passengers shall submit a Health Declaration at the counter before boarding either manually using the attached form or electronically using the following link https://hdf.rj.com
6) Any passenger gives falsified or incorrect information is subject to a fine of 10,000 JOD.
7) International transfer passengers are allowed at Jordanian Airports as follows:
A) PCR test required 72 hours prior to the scheduled time of departure.
B) The planned transfer time does not exceed 10 hours.
RT- PCR tests are available in Jordan at labs approved by the Jordanian Ministry of Health. The cost of testing differs depending on the service provided and is based on the Ministry of Health pricing. Tests can be paid for either in cash or by credit card at the testing facility.
RT-PCR tests are available at local governmental labs, local private labs, drive throughs and some labs provide mobile testing (private specimen pickup from place of residence for guests). The cost and payment method differs according to the chosen service. Most labs are open from 09:00 to 17:00. For tests done through private labs the turnaround time for results is 24 hours (whether testing is performed at the lab premises or by mobile testing).
At the time of the test, the guest provides their passport copy, and then they take the test. A QR Code is given to the guest, so they can access the result without the need to return to the lab. Some labs in Jordan communicate the initial test results through PDF sent via text message (WhatsApp). However, some labs require individuals to pick up a hard copy of the results. For travel purposes, labs provide a stamped test result.
We are merely acting as a facilitator in order to assist Guests who require a COVID-19 test. Guests are solely liable for settling all COVID-19 related fees and costs which are paid for on the ground at the time of testing. All testing is carried out by third parties with no association or affiliation to us and we are not liable or responsible for any issues, delays or problems encountered during the testing process or the performance or non-performance of the testing facilities.
Please note: The above information has been researched with the utmost care. However, we can provide no guarantee of accuracy and the information and detail change regularly. Please always check travel restrictions both in your home country and the destination you are travelling to before you book and before travel.